Operations Manager – Bellville
Do you love electrical and electronic systems and know something about the operational side of product management?
Agrico is a leading supplier of water transport, centre pivot and other irrigation solutions in Southern Africa. We provide user-friendly electronic systems that allow our customers to control their irrigation systems remotely.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced manager to join the team at our Bellville office and help us develop, formalise and drive operations to increase our quality.
As an operations manager you will be expected to understand our product line in depth in a reasonably short time to enable you to manage the support and repair team. You will be expected and empowered to define and drive quality in multiple areas within the department.
Duties and responsibilities
- Remote monitoring and tier-2 fault finding on new and existing installations.
- Drafting and/or revision of support SLA, warranty limitations, user guides, installation guide, operating procedures, testing procedure etc.
- Generate FAQ content for internal and external use on existing CRM software (Zendesk).
- Review and report on recorded support interactions for internal training purposes.
- Evaluate and define customer satisfaction metrics and report on quality of service and future target setting.
- Formal issue reporting to the development team for continuous product improvement.
- Revise existing processes and procedures to optimise input costs and identify critical feedback data for continuous improvements.
- Create and/or improve on sales and technical training material.
- Willing and able to engage directly with customers and technicians in the field.
- You will form part of the existing development agile scrum team and act as the interface between technical support and the development team representing the customers interest.
Requirements and qualifications
- National Diploma: Electrical or Electronic Engineering or higher.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with similar responsibilities.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced level Spreadsheets skills.
- Basic to intermediate level T-SQL skill will be advantageous.
Duties and salary dependent on candidate qualifications and experience.
Please include CV, matric certificate and full academic record with application.