Operations Manager – Agrico Zambia
Established in 1981, Multicrop Irrigation Systems has been catering to the Zambian farming community for more than 40 years. In 2017, Agrico Zambia amalgamated with Multicrop, extending our ability to deliver the finest local irrigation knowledge and service, along with quality and cost-effective products to the Zambian market.
Over the years the company has grown tremendously, receiving new and exciting projects from clients that had never been achieved before. Renowned as the fastest growing irrigation company in Zambia, we service our existing customers with utmost care and professionalism and look to cater to our future clients with the same level of service.
We now seek to continue this growth and customer service structure by appointing a new operations manager, to build upon the foundations that have been put in place whilst continuing to evolve our offering and our growing reputation in the agricultural community.
As we prepare for the new season, we seek to appoint an operations manager with the vision, values, and drive to make Agrico the preferred irrigation company of choice in Zambia and southern Africa.
The role offers an exceptional opportunity to work with an already exceptional team and establish your own reputation and standing within the industry. The role would suit an established operations manager looking for a new challenge or for an emerging professional in the agricultural industry looking to progress their career in their first managerial appointment. If you can offer dynamism and flair, with strong sales, problem-solving and customer care experience, this role could be a perfect fit.
The overall objective of the role is to deliver the highest quality customer service to farmers across Zambia, through efficient project management of new irrigation schemes using modern management systems and technology. As this is a significant customer-oriented role, it is essential to have a strong passion for the agricultural industry. Providing a level of service in which attention to detail is paramount.
This following list of responsibilities, duties and tasks may be revised or extended by the directors.
- Provide first-class customer service consistent with the standards, policies, procedures and ethos of the company.
- The ability to predominantly be on site with clients. Providing customer orientated project management on new irrigation schemes, and with prompt and reliable service for existing customers.
- Integrate and develop exceptional working relationships with on site foremen and commissioning/ service teams. Maintain robust management tools, metrics and reporting structures to ensure the effective running and reporting to the directors of all areas of operations on site.
- Working with the stock management software to ensure that all stock needs are met on site as well as kept on hand at the different branches for established customers.
- Learning from and reporting to the director of sales design on the sales, designing, commissioning and maintenance of all irrigation schemes.
- Devise and implement proactive communication tools, both internally and externally, aimed at retaining customers, driving sales, and pursuing customer revenue streams.
- Continue to raise the company’s profile in the local area supporting and strengthening our community involvement. Build relationships with the general public and prospective new customers (both small scale and commercial) with particular emphasis on the attraction and long-term development of new farmers.
- Secure, protect and maintain all company assets whether financial, stock, buildings or equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Health & Safety legislation. Manage and keep under constant review all H&S issues.
We are open-minded as to the qualifications and experience that candidates should have. Amongst the attributes the successful candidate will likely need to demonstrate are:
- Abundant energy with a clear passion to grow the company. A candidate who possesses the necessary vision to develop the company, its ethos, standards and reputational standing based on a continuous improvement ethic.
- Good operational experience in an agricultural environment demonstrating a strong track record of providing service excellence to customers.
- Be clearly visible and proactive with a ‘hands-on’ management style and flexible approach. Enthusiasm for providing customer satisfaction at all levels is paramount.
- Good working knowledge of irrigation and water management systems with an aptitude to further develop our technological presence.
- Possess competent IT skills with an appreciation of sales-specific stock, service and financial management computer systems. Proficient with email, internet and MS Office applications and the day to day management of employee timesheets.
- Evidence of improving the customer service reputation/ standard of an equivalent scale business entity.
- Excellent command of oral and written English. Diplomacy skills coupled with an understanding of confidentiality and ability to practise it.
To be considered for this exceptional opportunity candidates will preferably hold the following:
- A qualification in the agricultural field leaning towards water management or customer service. Previous experience in a customer service orientated role.
Closing dates for submissions will be set for the 31st of July 2023. Virtual pre-screen interviews will be held on an adhoc basis. We anticipate the appointed candidate would start in Jan / Feb 2024 or sooner if notice period and availability permits. If you would like to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please email a cover letter and CV, demonstrating your suitability, with an indication of your remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
You can also apply online: