Renowned as the fastest growing and most customer orientated irrigation company in Zambia, we seek to appoint an operations manager with the vision, values and drive to make Agrico the absolute preferred irrigation company of choice in Zambia and southern Africa.
The overall objective of the role is to deliver the highest quality customer service, as well as the efficient project management of new irrigation schemes. This is a significant customer-oriented role, and it is essential to have a strong passion for the agricultural industry, providing a level of service in which attention to detail is paramount.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide first-class customer service consistent with the standards, policies and ethos of the company.
- Providing customer orientated project management on new irrigation schemes, with reliable service for existing customers, both on and off site.
- Integrate and develop exceptional working relationships with on site commissioning/service/installation teams.
- Maintain robust management tools, metrics and reporting structures to ensure the effective running and reporting to the directors of all areas of operations on site.
- Working with the stock management software to ensure that all stock needs are met on site and at the different branches for established customers.
- Learning from and reporting to the director of sales design on the sales, designing, commissioning and maintenance of all irrigation schemes.
- Devise and implement pro-active communication tools, both internally and externally, aimed at retaining customers, driving sales, and pursuing customer revenue streams.
- Continue to raise the company’s profile by strengthening our community involvement, building relationships with the general public and prospective new customers.
The role would suit an established operations manager looking for a new challenge or for an emerging professional in the agricultural industry looking to progress their career in their first managerial appointment. If you can offer us dynamism with strong sales, problem-solving and customer care experience then we would be keen to meet you.
We are open-minded as to the qualifications and experience that candidates should have, and will be more focussed on the agricultural culture and a strategic fit. The successful candidate will likely need to demonstrate:
- Abundant energy and necessary vision, with a clear passion to grow the company.
- Good operational experience in an agricultural environment demonstrating a strong track record of providing service excellence to customers. Enthusiasm for providing customer satisfaction at all levels is paramount.
- Be clearly visible and proactive with a ‘hands-on’ management style and flexible approach.
- Good working knowledge of irrigation and water management systems with an aptitude to further develop our technological presence.
- Possess relevant IT and computer skills with an appreciation of sales-specific stock, service and financial management computer systems.
- Evidence of improving the customer service reputation/standard of an equivalent scale business entity.
To be considered for this exceptional opportunity candidates will preferably hold the following:
- A qualification in the agricultural field leaning towards water management or customer service. Previous experience in a customer service orientated role.
- Driver’s licence
- Excellent command of oral and written English. Preferably proficient in Afrikaans.
- Experience in agriculture or irrigation