Mechanical Engineer – Nylstroom
The Mechanical Engineer at the Nylstroom branch will be responsible for the design, implementation, and management of irrigation systems. This role involves a combination of technical expertise, project management, and effective communication skills.
The daily tasks and responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer will include:
- Irrigation System Designing: Collaborate with clients to understand their irrigation needs and develop efficient and effective irrigation system designs. This includes considering factors such as water source, crop type, terrain, and local climate.
- Survey: Conduct on-site surveys to assess the topography, soil quality, and other relevant factors that influence irrigation system design. This information will be used to create accurate design plans.
- Draft Bill of Quantity: Prepare detailed lists of materials and quantities required for each irrigation project. This includes pipes, pumps, valves, controllers, and other components necessary for the irrigation system.
- Quotations: Generate accurate and competitive quotations for clients based on the project specifications and bill of quantity. Clearly communicate the costs and scope of the proposed irrigation solution.
- Pump Selections: Determine the appropriate pumps and pumping systems for different projects based on factors such as water source, elevation changes, and required flow rates.
- Project Management: Oversee the implementation of irrigation projects from start to finish. This involves coordinating with contractors, suppliers, and other stakeholders to ensure timely and successful project execution.
- Min 2 years experience as an engineer
- Code 08 driver’s licence with own transport
- Experience working with Solidworks / AutoCAD
- Completed SABI courses (will be to your advantage)
- Proficient in Afrikaans and English
- Honest, diligent and earnest
- Willing to work overtime
- Willing to travel
- Good communication skills